Search This Blog

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Scott's Project

Scott bought some plans for this table from New Yankee Workshop and while he was on vacation this week we went down to the house and he built it. He said he needs to remake the legs as he feels he made too many mistakes on the ones in the photo.
 I think it looks GREAT the way it is but I know him... he won't be happy until he has rebuilt the legs.
While he was working on this table I finished painting the ceiling in the den/kitchen with the ceiling white paint. I also painted the den to porch door with a second coat of white enamel paint and I also cleaned the two doors to the porch on the outside with plans of getting them painted with the terra cotta color. It was just too hot to paint out there; especially in the afternoon as the sun beats right in there. I also cleaned off the porch and raked up chestnut hulls.

The dogs required some attention as well with Bernadette making a trip to the groomers to get her hair shaved off and a bath. Amelia went to the vet and is on an antibiotic for 10 days and the Vet also put her on a pain reliever for her hip pain. They are both getting old and I am not sure how much longer we will have them around.

Adele was so sweet and came and stayed at the cottage while we were away and took care of our three cats. Tippy REALLY missed me bad and has stuck right to me since we returned on Thursday. He is my little buddy. Callie and Howie missed us too but they have at least gone back outside of their own accord. I hate to leave them but it's just not practical to haul them back and fourth and they would have to stay indoors down there and I am not sure Piper would like that much.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Scott's table really looks great! Nice project :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has decided he doesn't like the legs the way they were drawn up so he is going to remake them. I think it's great just the way it is.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment on my post(s).

Another year nearly gone...

 Hello to all those that have followed this blog for some time. I have not posted in quite awhile so thought I would pop over and write some...